Archive for November, 2008
PCWorld and WebWire report that Forrester Research released Forrester TechRadar for Information and Knowledge Management Pros: Enterprise 2.0last week predicting the Enterprise 2.0 applications that will take hold in the near future. According to PCWorld:
The report suggests that only two of the myriad tools commonly grouped in the Enterprise 2.0 category — social networks and wikis – will find significant success in the corporate market over the next few years. Widgets, mashups, blogs, RSS and forums may find moderate success, while microblogs, prediction markets, social bookmarking and podcasts will have only minimum penetration in the enterprise, the report said.
The WebWire article/press release, Forrester Projects Which Enterprise Web 2.0 Collaboration Technologies Will Grow, Which Will Decline, provides additional information suggesting that social networks, wikis, blogs and RSS will continue to experience growth.
~ Nina Platt
Join our LinkedIn Group
Subscribe by RSS or Email
- Designing Dashboards: Gartner Report From IBM Cognos Express
- What Functionality and Content Should I Add to My Intranet: Part 7: Administrative Department Content
- Case Studies by Firm
- What Functionality and Content Should I Add to My Intranet: Part 2: Site Architecture
- Using WordPress to Create an Intranet
- What Functionality and Content Should I Add to My Intranet: Part 9: Research Pages/Portals