IBF 24 – 24 Hours of Some of the Greatest Intranet Ideas, Insights, and More
I’m a bit tardy in reminding readers about the IBF 24 annual event hosted by the Intranet Benchmarking Forum on May 17-18, 2011. Paul Miller, IBF founder and CEO, talks about preparations for the event in a video blog post on Intranet Life.
IBF 24 is a free 24 hour web event that gives us an inside look at some of the best intranets from around the world with input from intranet gurus whose names you will know doubt recognize. The current schedule is as follows (note: the schedule is still being updated).
- Sherry Turkle, author of Alone Together
- Charlene Li, social media thought leader and co-author of Groundswell, talking about her latest book “Open Leadership“
- Lee Bryant, keynote speaker and co-founder and Director of social business consultancy Headshift
- Brian Solis, Future Works
- James Robertson, Step Two Designs
- Wayne Clark, Best Companies
- Gary Swart, oDesk
- Ross Dawson, keynote speaker, author and expert on teh future of business and technology
- Peter Hinssen, Managing Partner of Across Technology and author of “The New Normal“
- Adam Pisoni, CTO and co-founder of Yammer, who will join directly after a Yammer press event announcing the company’s vision and product news that will further strengthen Yammer’s integration into the enterprise system landscape
- Live intranet tours from Google, BT, IKEA, Alcatel-Lucent, AT&T, Abbott, Oxfam International, Aviva, Verizon, Duke Energy, Reynolds Porter Chamberlain, British American Tobacco, WWF, European Space Agency, Bell Labs, Booz Allen Hamilton and many more!
If you haven’t attended this event, you might want to plan on it this year. One of the great things about the event is that you don’t need to attend for the entire 24 hours if you need to work or don’t have the where with all to stay up for 24 hours. In the past, I’ve noted the parts of the program I was most interested in and worked out attending with my schedule. If you can, you may want to attend the entire 24 hours for all the ideas and insights you can take in. I’m going to give it a try. Did someone say caffiene?